Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's official-Got the "RIF" notice via Fed Ex today-Got a Used car too!

Well, a few things happend today. First I just purchased an 1988 Honda Accord LX with 109,000 from a guy who got it from the original owner, he never even drove it and didn't even change the title. So, I bought it! It's got a few quirks, but for $2,000.00 and not having to take a car loan out, I am psyched!

When I arrived home, I saw that Fed Ex package at the door. It's the official "RIF" notice that I am being laid off offiically as of 5/2/2008. So, to my surprise, my severance package was more (30K) that I thought I was getting, so... I am happy about that! I can used some of the funds to get out of debt, get a fresh start at my new job (Hopefully landed that tomorrow) and get back to some stability in my life!

I need to get a muffler on the car and I called my buddy who had done my Geo muffler and he's going to put a new one on tomorrow for me. So, we are going to drop the car off tonight. Tomorrow I will also take the rental car (Mustang) back! Yey! Not a big fan of that car at all!

Thanks,
BST

No comments:

Post a Comment