Monday, April 14, 2008

Got the 1999 Honda CR-V EX today!

Well, I drove the Honda CR-V all the way home from South Tacoma area where the day before I drove to check it out and put the down payment on it. I am not going to get the titled transferred tomorrow and get my insurance changed as well. I might even get the transmission fluid changed as well. And, make sure that they CV boots look OK. I don't think this car had the 60,000 mile tune up. But, it's had regular oil changes and it's super, super clean!

I like sitting up in this vehicle too! My Geo was so low to the ground! I need to take my Kia Rio rental car back tomorrow as well. It's actually not a bad rig, the interior sucks, but it drives nice!

My daughter thinks she wants a Blog now and it should be interesting to see if she gets one going!

Tomorrow is going to be FOCUS on a job and trying to really see where I can get an interview. I actually sent an email to the CEO/CIO and Exec Admin folks at Providence Everett Hospital to let them know that I am looking for a job and would be interested (very) in coming to work for them after the saved my life.

I got an interesting email today from a reader of my www.aorticdissection.com site and I posted it to my forum http://www.aorticdissection.com/Forums/ as well.

Here it is:
Hey Brian

I went to my doctor today and was shocked that my Doc was concerned with my aorta dissetion. I suffered my acute dissection in August 1990 giving a speech at a family reunion. I was mis-diagnosed for three days until the doctors suggested a CT scan. When they saw the dissection they opted for surgery right away. My wife had just left the hospital so I had to have her return to discuss the surgery. We called for a second opinion and the second doctor said the surgery risk was very high because the aorta had dissected in two places. He ask if I prayed and I said yes. He suggested that I continue. That was 18 years ago. I have never had surgery and quit frankly never had a problem with it since. Now there is a strong pulse near my navel on the left side. My doctor freaked out today and scheduled the scan for tomorrow a.m. I hope and pray that all will be well, but I wanted you and others to know how long I have been living with this condition. Please post my message o your blog.

Michael

I also emailed Dr. Allen Stewart at Columbia that when Michael gets his CT's done, that I am requesting that Dr. Stewart look them over for him. I will also contact Dr. David Liang at Stanford as well to help.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment