Friday, July 25, 2008

Where there is HOPE there are POSSIBILITIES!

I found this on Google today. I thought it was perfect as I have really been enjoying my blog here. Not only am I hoping to help as many people as I possibly can learn more about diseases of the aorta, but to offer them hope - that they CAN keep going. Once you realize that you are a child of GOD, you also know that you are here on this earth to help people less fortunate than you.. Heck.. anybody for that matter. It's just an "innate" genetic code that I think I have where I want to give back as much as I can as I was so blessed to have been given my life back. Had I been 40 days earlier, I might not have made it.

 

 

 

Something occurred to me today about really trusting Jesus Christ as my LORD and savior. The real issue is that when you get into the "SELF" mode you are essentially walking as if you are one with your own self. As if you are heading out in the sand with no direction as the picture illustrates. You are choosing to let the "self" try to run your life and putting the GOOD LORD on the back burner while you try to do everything yourself.  There's absolutely no way to really win the race with this mentality. Sure... there might be some small victories, but they are short-lived and empty. You MUST deny the self and let the GOOD LORD run your ship. Let him be the captain of the ship and guide you to places you have never been. These pictures below also bring the point that Jesus said that he will carry us in the palm of his right hand. I believe this to literally mean that it's HIS foot prints that we see in the sand and it's relying on him to take us into different directions - directions we'd never even dreamed or thought of (lack of courage?).. Could Jesus be wanting to bring you out to sea? Literally to an area you'd never thought possible? He could be with me! Or.. did you know if you just trusted him, he'd show you the light!

 

I can do ALL things through CHRIST who strengthens me!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment