Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Feeling Stuck? Getting Past Impasse

I have this book , Getting Unstuck: How Dead Ends Become New Paths, by Timothy Butler. In this book, it talks about the "inner critic" or it even goes as far as calling it Satan.

In particular, the inner critic becomes louder and more powerful during this second phase. The inner critic is that internal naysayer that Freud called the superego; but it wasn't a new concept, it's been around as long as humanity has. In Getting Unstuck I discuss some strategies for dealing with the inner critic. This picture shows a figure and having to make a choice on which path to take. That's what it's about. A new path out of the valley of the impasse. You MUST take it!

It's at this moment of impasse that we really begin to see what we are made of. It's a time to get a new perspective - out out of body experience if you will. A chance to look back at what you have or haven't done to this point and a chance to change the course of where you will end up. This is me now... Right now.. I am in the valley and trying to find my way out and as I climb the mountain to get out, just trying to keep my eyes on the "goal" of getting out and seeing the new me at the top and where I can go with GOD's direction. At this time in my life after working the prior 20 years and now finding it a bit more difficult to find another job, I am hoping that by reaching deep down into the "soul" of my being, that my new career path has a genuine purpose for me. I don't want to just go to work - I want to make an impact, a positive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment