Thursday, July 24, 2008

Stressing over what?



I am feeling the stress of the job situation, surgery tomorrow and just the fact that we've not taken a summer vacation. I am feeling guilty that I have let the family down and especially not being able to take a vacation due to my lack of work.

The strange thing is that between the job search, surgery, money situation and kids home for the summer, it's all about taking things in stride. I could let my life appear to be in a "knot" like never before... Or I can try to take things into perspective here and deal with them as they come up. While searching for this "knot" picture, I found a great article, "The Role of Stress in just about Everything," and it's a great read.
“I can’t express anger. I grow a tumor instead.”
—Woody Allen

I almost wanted (having a bit of an anger flashback) to contact those folks at Microsoft who were responsible for my getting laid off and give them a piece of my mind. But.. I decided I didn't want to waste my time. They'll get what's coming to them and their own incompetencies. It's ironic to think that these "clowns" are actually still employed there. 

OK.. Onto more positive stuff... Like the weather! I am going to the Aquasox Game tomorrow night to watch and hear my daughter's friend sing the National Anthem before the game. This should be fun!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment