Sunday, July 6, 2008

Breakfast at Wimbledon - and a little rain/wind

I got up early today to watch the Men's final at Wimbledon (Fed against Nadal) and we have a bit of a rain delay. Not a problem, just grab some more coffee and get a quick post in. I believe that Federer will win this match, perhaps in 3 straight. It went 5 sets last year and Fed was lucky to win. However, a "champion" has another gear - he finds out what's in the bottom of that heart.

Speaking of hearts.... I did the "pay per view" for the first time last night and watched UFC 86. It had some great fights and was topped off with the "main event" between Quinton "rampage" Jackson and Forrest Griffen. I actually had never heard of this Forrest guy and the last fight that I had watched was the WEC on Versus with Uriah Faber and Jens Pulver. That fight was great and went the distance. And, so did the main event at UFC 86. The fans were treated to a great fight. I think that Forrest fought a great fight, very strategic (even the 3rd round) and was able to get a unanimous decision and the belt for the World Champion at the 205 weight class. If I could loose 5 lbs, I'd be in that class too! Well, not really, I'm a tennis player!

I hope next week is a positive one in which I will finally get a new job and can my life back on track with working full time. This looking for a job really is not fun and I don't wish it on anyone. If you are employed, all the best to you  and be on the look out for the "shoulder tap" that YOU could be next. Fail to plan - plan to fail. Have a back up plan, resumes already in place so that you are prepared.

All the best!

BST

No comments:

Post a Comment