Friday, July 25, 2008

Varicose Vein Procedure.. I did it!

Ok... I did it! I faced my fear of the Varicose Vein procedure today and even got both legs done at the same time!  Believe me, I was looking around that "imaginary corner" finding/thinking of all the "what if's" -but, I decided (on the final table) that I could do it. I had visions of pulling out of it, but stayed focused on my belief in GOD and pushed through the fear. My legs are still a bit numb and I just got back from a walk. My right calf is hurting, however, I am 99.999% sure it'd due to the 2 ace bandages and the one compression stocking on it. My right iliac artery to begin with was "narrowed" due to my false lumen squishing it as a result of my aortic dissection.

If you are anywhere in the state of Washington and need a vein procedure done, I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Strup at the Puget Sound Vein Center  in Monroe Washington. They were fabulous! They are a very well trained team and Dr. Strup is phenomenal! Apparently, he's done more of the Venus Closure techniques that anyone on the West Coast.

I still see nothing in my gmail inbox about whether or not I am going to get offered either one of the two jobs that I am trying for. I know that these companies are busy.. but.. I need to work! If I found out next week about the new job, I imagine that it will take at least another week or two till I get on. With that news, I can plan for a small vacation hopefully with the family for a few days and look forward to starting a new career somewhere.

I will be back in touch for more updates about my vein procedure and how things are going.

Brian

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the post. I too am trying to ween myself off of medicine for this. I am going to try some of your solutions.

    Regards

    varicose vein treatment

    ReplyDelete