Thursday, July 24, 2008

Some Tennis , Fear, and an interview in afternoon

I played my usual Thursday am singles with Dr. George this morning. I lost the first set 7-5 and it was 4-4 in the 2nd when we ran out of the court time. It's amazing how your mind can wonder all over the place while in the middle of a competitive singles match. I noticed that I was feeling a bit depressed for some reason. I didn't play that bad and also was noticing the "fear" feeling of actually flying soon and having to face the "winning" of the match. I thought to myself, I am so sick and tired of fear of this that and the other running/ruining my life - I must continue to pray for strength and courage along with faith to see the "big picture" and that GOD is in control of my life. Tomorrow is my vein surgery and I've been trying to not let that creep into my psyche and take hold and get me going on some tangent that I can't do it. I AM going to get this done and face the procedure head on.  Like my dad said to me a while back, "son, no matter where you are, when GOD calls you home, it's time to come home," and that's so TRUE. 
 No Worries

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”

~ Philippians 4:6-7

I think that this verse is the best one for me and to live by it each day and pray for FAITH.

I have an interview at 1pm today in Tukwila WA. It's a great opportunity with a great company. I hope that it goeswell. The interview process is something very new for me and it's taken me some time to get the hang of it. My main goal today is to exude confidence in not only myself, but my 20 years of experience that I can bring to this position and company. Knowledge and experience coupled with a "win/win" attitude is my goal.

Best!
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment