Friday, July 11, 2008

Watched Hopkins last night-great show!

I hadn't planned on watching any tv last night, and was just went down to get my ice-water before bed. It was 10:00pm and I turned on the channel and it was the Hopkins show on ABC. I was mesmerized by the show. In fact, one of the patients had an aortic procedure done similar to mine. It's a miracle that I am still here with all the things (Planets aligning) to get this operation done successfully.

The other story was about this 19 year old boy who needed a heart transplant. The show chronicled the events that take place in order to pull this monumental event off. I was literally blown away. It's just a blessing that we have these skilled surgeons and medical professionals - like the ones at Hopkins that take care of their patients so well. In fact, almost to the point of sacrificing their marriages. As someone who's benefited from an "open heart" surgery myself and managed to not have an infection along with the procedure, I am so blessed to have made it. This show REALLY makes you see what goes on in those medical facilities. I think it's a great show and I will watch it again - it makes you appreciate life! These folks are miracle workers with help from above.

The painting is done, the new doors hinges are on, the new house numbers are on, all the lights, plants, and patio furniture are back in place.  The house looks great! These guys did a great job.

I am off to play some outdoors tennis at 10:00am with my friend Curt. It's a beautiful day and it will be fun.

I need to study today for my PMP and take the next chapter exam and get my PDU's for that section.

Have a great day!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment