Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Don't Quit... throw in the towel... Do it!

 After getting my (at least) 10th rejection email from F5 Networks today, I am try to determine if I actually want to work for a company that apparently sees no value in my services. I've applied for sales/service and technical positions there - all of which I would do a "kick ass" job at, yet... I still have only had one phone interview. Heck.. I've even met with the person in charge of the HR department and still haven't got anywhere. Originally, they told me that I was applying across to broad of a spectrum and I appreciated that and listened. So, I am now only applying in their services organization and hoping for some miracle to happen. My real question to myself is when do I draw the line and quit waisting my energy on this company?  Of course the other side of me, being used to having been knocked down before tries to rally my "competitive tennis player" personality and says... "I'll be back" and will keep plugging away and trying to find a way to get hired by these guys. At the same time, I am also interested in working for a company that sees a value in me as well.  I've had other companies where I have applied to at least 10 positions (Premera.com) and the same story, only I don't really get as much feedback with their recruiters, just the "no thanks" email and good ridence.

I orginally wanted to work at F5 or Premera based on those companies having been voted as some of the top places to work in Washington.

 The opposite of quiting is "DO IT" as the sign says and don't allow the "negatives" to get your down. Use them to provide feedback as to the "why" you are not getting the interviews? Is it my resume perhaps? The one that I payed some "career coach" to have prepare. I actually had asked the guy at F5 if my resume was OK and he said yes. However, I am beginning to wonder. I know that I need to cater it more to the specific job requirement at hand.

I am supposed to hear from the person that is the hiring manager for the possible position that my long time friend told me about. He left him a message to call me tomorrow and hopefully this will lead to something in the "positive" direction.

Best!
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment