Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday Morning... It's a beautiful day!

I discovered that there were a few more of my favorite "Olivia" drawings that I had forgot to show. This was a great Christmas one that she'd done.

It's back to reality and time to start the day searching for more job opportunities. I have an interview today at 2:00pm with a consulting firm and hope that it goes well.  I also emailed a couple of my contacts over at T-Mobile and F5 Networks again about possibilities.  My unemployment is at the "half way" point and that $515.00 per week is going to be running out soon - not to mention my severance is wind ling down as well.  I started working right out of college and never in a million years would have thought I would a) be laid off and b) have to rely on using the unemployeement system. 

I still have not heard back from the Verathon corporation about their posting for an "inside sales" rep and I even found out who their sales manager was and emailed him letting him know how excited I was about coming to work for them.  I also emailed and left 3 voicemails for the recruiter w/o any response. I feel like contacting the CEO and letting them know if they've got someone who's excited about their compnay - they better make sure they follow up. I could have been their best sales person ever and they'd never get the chance to see it come to fruition as they never contacted me.

This picture titled "what not to wear" was pretty good as well. My daughter is so creative.  I feel pretty sad that I can't really take the family on a summer vacation due to my not working status. Sure, I could blow more of my severance and do it, but I want to start working again and save some of the money for a "rain day" and that way, we'd have money for a vacation next year or for Christmas break.

My Starbucks craving is calling my name and it's time to head to the store. I think when I get back, I will contact Verathon directly again and try to figure out what is going on with them.

Have a great day!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment