Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reality Check-Unemployment meeting today

Well, I had my official meeting today at the Unemployment office. I am assuming that this is a natural course that happens along the way of getting UE checks. I am about half way through my 26 weeks of UE and had a mandatory meeting today. They basically verify that you are doing at least 3 job searches a week - I am at about 20 and that you know about some of their resources. What I did learn today was a website, Indeed.com  that is a great site to search for jobs.

I think that I am beginning to really feel like I am on the "cusp" of finally getting hired.  However, part of me is literally feeling like I am going loony toons or better yet crazy from not being able to have landed a job yet. I have tried and tried, but for some reason, just haven't landed a home run yet.  I consider myself very talented and today seeing some of those people trying to work on their resumes and searching - I really feel for them. A lot of those folks don't even have a computer of their own to work on. I am very fortunate to actually be in the situation with the UE and the severance package I got. Don't get me wrong, it's still the pits getting these constant "no thanks" messages. But... If you want to succeed in life.. double your failure rate! I WILL find a job soon!

Oh... I managed to get a late entry into the WA State Open Tennis Tourney. I am hoping that I will be ready to play as my surgery is this Friday, the 25th of July and I am thinking that I might actually get both legs done instead of just my left leg.

Thanks,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment