Thursday, July 31, 2008

Keeping the Faith

It seems that sometimes we can choose to look at life as being unfair - as if we'd been dealt a bad deck of cards. I can see how some people might choose to see this way for perhaps a day or two. But, is it really worthliving your entire life with the mindset that "Life is not fair?"  Who said that life isn't fair?  Why is it that we have a tendency (when things are going right) to blame others? Feel that GOD has let us down? That other people seem to get the bigger "carrots" in life and we're left with just the left overs?  The real way out of that thinking is to go straight to your knees and pray for forgiveness. UNTIL, you can forgive, you simply CAN NOT beat this viciouscircle. GOD is a GOD of forgiveness and wants the best for you in life. Being content with life is a double edged sword. If you find yourself on "auto-pilot" you don't really get to learn and grow from what GOD is trying to show you. In my case, as I approach my 3rd month of having no job, I am at the "cusp" of finally getting hired again.  I have three opportunities that hopefully are going to present offers either this week or Monday the 4thof August, I am supposed to hear about my opportunity with TWTelecom.com that I REALLY am hoping I get.

In life, we are certainly going to have ours "ups and downs" and it's just a matter of  being able to literally bounce back up after facing a set back. As this picture depicts, you will get knocked down, but... you can bounce backand even go higher that you previously thought you could go with GOD's help and the FAITH knowing that he's got you in the palm of his right hand.  I listened to a great CD yesterday and as much as I had tried to get some of those folks that were responsible for my job loss, I had not really forgiven them 100%. Yesterday, I prayed for them and forgave them. It's the ONLY way to move forward - YOU must forgive to be able to move forward.

I know that GOD is a GOD of LOVE, PEACE, JOY and HAPPINESS. It's something that we all should be very thankful for and appreciate what we have.  Quit comparing yourself to others whom you might consider more fortunate than you based on "material" objects, be THANKFUL for your creation. GOD made you in his image and you are special to him and he loves you dearly. Be thankful!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment