Monday, July 14, 2008

A job possibility... Keeping my fingers crossed

I got a call from a one of my old buddies that I had worked with for many years at MCI and Verizonbusiness about a possible job opportunity. It sounds like it might be the one. I got a few more "rejections" notices today, however, the more of those I get, that just means the "yes" is getting closer.

My job with a medical company in Bothell, Wa didn't pan out either. It was an entry level position and I was over qualified. I am also running into this with another company and their minimal salary requirements.  Oh well, I am determined and WILL NOT give up. For example, I spent probably 2 hours today trying to get my SiteMap to work correctly. I was ready to throw in the towel, but gave it one more try and ... it worked! That's the attitude that you have to have in just about everything in life. As the famous quote goes, "If you want to succeed, you MUST double your failure rate" and it's so true!

I spent a good two hours studying the PMP stuff today. My topic for the day was the "time management" section. Wow.. some of this stuff is really dry and boring. I would still like to see this all the way through to the end and get my PMP certification.

It's Tuesday morning (5:30am) doubles in the morning and I am also hoping to hear from my friend about the job tomorrow. I also got another tip on a job for Vodafone.  I hope to hear from them as well.

Good Night!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment