Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday July 7th, 2008=Reality, I have no job...yet

Ok,

It's Monday and it's back to reality. I was laid off on 5/2/2008 from VerizonBusiness.  Oh well, there's so much more to life than this small impasse in my life. At 45 years of age, it's amazing how so many things are coming to the forefront of my life and the direction that I will now go forward in.

What's really amazing is that I am still alive and approaching my 5 year anniversary (8/22/2008) upon which I will celebrate my many blessings. When it's all said and done, I think that it's very important that we realize just how fortunate we are to actually have a roof over our head, food on the table, clothes to wear, the ability to walk, speak, hear and among other things, experience great friends and family. It's high time that we as Americans give thanks for our troops that are busting their "blanks" over in Iraq so that we can live a life of "Freedom" and take everything for granted that is humanly possible. It's sad.. but it's true.. we are just down right not appreciative of all the amenities that we have as US citizens. Moreover, the fact that we blessed to have a GOD who loves us and forgives us!

Why is it that everyone wants more and more and is never happy with what GOD has already blessed them with? Isn't it true that we all just want to be loved and know that we are put on this earth to help others? I find it appalling that we let our kids watch these 16 birthday shows on MTV of how these rich families spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a 16th birthday. When, we should be seeing a 16 year old going to a homeless shelter and offering to donate their birthday funds to providing meals to that institution for an entire year!  I am just saying, we have our priorities all screwed up. I don't know about you, but I like to help others. I like the feeling that I get when I got to McDonald's and bring 50 double cheeseburgers to the Everett Gospel Mission instead of blowing that $50.00 bucks on something I don't really need.  And the best part, I don't have to tell anyone about it, GOD sees what has been done...and that's all it really matters.

I do have some good news, I am going down to F5 Networks today  and meeting with the recruiters. I am hoping and praying that something positive (like landing a job) comes from this meeting today. I am THINKING POSITIVE that it will!

I got the lawn mowed yesterday and still am in shock over that Wimbledon final. And, that great UFC fight. I also got a glimpse of some of the US Olympic Trials and that was great too!

I am also so blessed to have such a wonderful mother and father. I still (every Sunday evening) call my mom and check in with her. She's such a wonderful (GOD LOVING) person that has a heart for serving GOD. I love my parents so much and appreciate the ability and wisdom that they still provide me to this day. Thanks GOD for them!

Have a great day!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment