Thursday, July 17, 2008

The big phone interview today

Well, today is my big phone interview and perhaps my biggest chance so far to land a job since being laid off from VerizonBusiness on 5/2/2008. My (6 days short of 20 years) career is over and new horizons are calling my name. Granted, this hasn't been easy to land a job yet, I am still optimistic about this great chance - a chance that one of my old friends informed me of. This goes back to my old "networking" blog and how it's so imperative to keep a good contact list of folks that can help you down the road. I also happen to know another person at this company who is apparently way up the food chain and I am hoping to name drop his name as well as an "internal" reference as well.

I played 3 hours of singles tennis this morning, I was thinking I'd play doubles for 1.5 hours then my singles. However, the doubles groups didn't know I was playing with them, so I ended up hitting a few sets with a guy name Doug. Then, on to my usual Thursday am match with Dr. George. I tried mixing new "cross" strings (NRG2 16) and I just don't like the feel. So, it's back to the basics and good old Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16 gauge for my crosses.

My son had a sleep over with his cousins last night and they are going to Game Works today for some video game fun! I wish I was going too! However, my daughter is not feeling well and I am going to stay with her.

Have a great day!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment