Monday, August 25, 2008

Thanks to GOD and his son Jesus Christ for their continued miracles!

I found this picture after reading and article today about a surgeon who had performed a three heart valve surgery  on a patient. The patient was only 44 years of age. After reading the article, I researched the surgeon, Dr. David Jayakar, MD and found his website. I really and truly believe that these surgeons, who literally have the ability with the help of Jesus Christ at their side to determine our fate as to a chance to continue on living or literally, having Jesus there to say.... "It's time for he/she to come home" and I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt, that when Dr. James Brevig was doing my surgery, Jesus was there helping him along with all the prayer requests coming in asking him to guide the surgeons hand in the delicate surgery.  I truly believe that our surgeons are some of the best people we have on this earth.

I received a call this Sunday morning from a man, speaking of miracles, who was giving a toast at his families Thanksgiving dinner. It was then, while standing a sharp stabbing pain hit him like a mac truck and he was sent to the hospital. He just happened to live 5 minutes from Columbia University Hospital. And, the really big miracle was that Dr. Allen Stewart just happened to be there that Thanksgiving evening checking on a patient when this gentlemen of 70+ arrived. Dr. Stewart replaced his valve with a "calf" valve and his entire aorta with a dacron tube. All this without any kidney or other issues. That's a miracle... A true miracle in which Dr. Stewart's hands worked through Jesus Christ to keep this man alive and bring him through the surgery to be able to say those perhaps forgotten, "I love you's" or items her had perhaps neglected to have done.. but now was giving a new appreciation for life.

I am so thankful for my life, my family, my friend and hopefully my new job (this Wednesday is my final interview) and really am so blessed.  Many people don't make it. Many people are in the right place and the right time.. Or is it that Jesus is there with them and the surgeons? I think it's your faith and belief that your life is not controlled by you, and that the GOOD LORD is your ONLY choice as to when you will see him face to face or you will be allowed to continue to live a few more years on the earth until you are called home. These surgeons, and although extremely well trained, need that helping hand to guide them and so do you!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment