Sunday, August 17, 2008

Having Faith... It's the ONLY way!

 Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see. Hebrews 11:1. It's amazing what Faith can do for you and how we don't even know how much it goes on in our daily lives.  As many of you know, I was laid off on 5/2/2008 and have been looking for a job since 5/3/2008. Up until a few days ago, I was at my wits end and really thinking that I was going to get this job with TWTelecom.com and was told that I was one of the final candidates. I was also told I would hear by Monday of last week that the decision would be made. As of 8/17/2008, I still have not been told.  About a week ago, I got an email from a friend of my wife who had sent her something about things women at 45 years of age should not be doing. Anyway, I had my wife send me the email and I saw on the email header a name of a gal that my wife had played on a soccer team with a few years ago. I had actually remember meeting her and speaking with her as we both had worked on the same account, Microsoft. Well, when I got the email from my wife, I decided to email this gal and tell her what happened to me and ask her to send my resume around. On Saturday, the 16th of August, while out on the boat (my sister in laws) on Lake Entiact, I got a call froma recruiter about an opening for their Seattle market.  I would have never heard about this opportunity had I not sent this gal an email about asking for help and hoping (faith) that something might become of it. It turns out that after speaking with the recruiter, they think I am perfect for the job and I have one more interview to go! I am supposed to hear from the hiring manager on Monday.

I have been watching the Olympics and they have really been exciting. We had a great few days over in Lake Chelan as well. It was 103 the last day we were there. They kids had fun! We floated down part of the Wenatchee river as well one day - that was super fun! The kids love intertubing at their aunt and uncle's house and seeing their cousin's Mathew and Adam.

I have also re-launched my website, http://www.fastman.com and I am back in business again!

 

**Oh yah... Listen to this, it's amazing!

Take care!

Brian

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete