Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday... A new fresh week... possibilities are endless!

I love this beautiful picture of a ladybug. She's just relaxing there on her leaf and doesn't have any cares or worries. It seems to parallel our lives sometimes. We'd do wonders to emulate the ladybugs characteristics of calmness in our everyday lives. With school having just started - a week under our belts, things are beggining to settle down.  My offer letter from my new employer is scheduled to arrive this week and I can not wait to get back to working again. There is life after MCI/VerizonBusiness - a better life with endless opportunities and destinations! Like this ladybug, if she's not content with where she happens to have landed, she can choose to move to a different leave and start again.  We can do the same thing in our daily lives. As an aortic dissection survivor, once you have literally come back from the dead and now see the world through a new lens, it's amazing the real beauty that you can find. Why did it take a near death experience to ignite the true pleasure that life has to offer each and every one of this. Do you think Jesus Christ put on this earth to live in misery? Do you think we were put on this earth to have a "free ride" ?  I don't believe so, each day is a mini life in itself and we need to break it down that way. Take each day one step, one breath, one praise at a time.  After surviving an aortic dissection,  you begin to really realize that you are given a certain number of days on this earth that GOD will allow you to live here. Each day is like a new flower spreading it's leaves and growing a bit, and it eventually becomes a beautiful piece of art work. It's being able to see the beauty in each day. Everyday that we have on this earth is a chance to make sure that we tell our loved ones... hey... I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! And to make sure that they know you are there for them unconditionally.

I know that I am personally so grateful to my LORD AND SAVIOR- JESUS CHRIST for everything that he's given me. I most of all appreciate his dying on the cross and shedding his blood for me. He died for you and he died for me. It's a free gift and it's something that EVERYONE should be thankful for!

May JESUS CHRIST come into your heart and fill you with his love, peace and joy!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment