Monday, August 4, 2008

The "Big Day" is tomorrow

I am hoping tomorrow that I find out if I am going to be able to get my life back on track and start working again. Since being laid off on 5/2/2008, I have been kind of "off track" in that I am feeling like I have no real purpose in life without being able to work and feel like I got something accomplished. Don't get me wrong... I love being home with my family during this summer, but... after searching and searching, I am at the cusp of finally getting the job I really want - a job that a friend told me about out of the blue. 

Tomorrow at 0700am in downtown Seattle I have my interview with the regional vice-president of the company for the West Coast. I am hoping that it goes well and it should as I've beenthrough a few of them lately and feel more confident after each one. I was lucky enough to have a friend on the "inside" help me with a few tips and I am feeling really best prepared and ready to sell myself and my skill set as to why I am the best candidate for the job.

I went for a long walk yesterday (played tennis too!) and today as well for over an hour and my legs are feeling better. This Friday will be two weeks since my varicose vein surgery. I am thinking that they are going to need to do something to my left leg since they were only able to get like 8 inches of my greater saphenous vein.

More to come...

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment