Friday, August 1, 2008

Update on News Story about Gene found for detecting Acute Aortic Dissection

I published this post yesterday about a press release that I received about a possible detection of a genetic link to diagnosing an "acute aortic dissection" and after further review and checking around with some of my very well known experts - I am not so sure this isn't just a bunch of BS!  This has been underway here in the US for a few years and led by one of the top genetics's Dianna M. Milewicz, M.D., Ph.D.

Dianna and her team at the Department of Internal Medicine,Division of Medical Genetics,The University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston,  have been working on this for quite some time and they published this article -Life-threatening gene defect located by UT-Houston researchers  back in November 11th, 2007.

I also tried to email this person salah.mohamed@herzchir.muluebeck.de) and it didn't work. I also looked up the hospital and apparently he's not even known there.

So, it appears that this Mr. Salah Mohamed's findings are really nothing new and perhaps he himself is a mystery as well.

I am sticking with Dianna's research. By the way, you can actually sign up for the genetic testing here and get the testing done. I had this information already posted on my site, http://www.aorticdissection.com the day that this press release came out from Dianna's team back in November of 2007.

**UPDATE** This was just released today  with a bit more "meat" to the original publication. And somecomments from a recognized aortic expert.

Brian Tinsley

No comments:

Post a Comment