Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Interview at 12:30pm today with Free and Clear

I applied for a project management position with this company and have an interview (phone) today at 12:30. I am hoping it goes well. The company, http://www.freeclear.comis about how to help big companies get their employees help to quit smoking. It's completely non-telecom related and would be a breath of fresh air. I sent in my application to the http://www.pmi.orggroup for the pmp certification program. I got approved and now I am studying for the exam. In fact, I just paid $1850 to take the Velocitech 3 day PMP Prep Course in hopes that it will help me pass the exam. I was involved a many projects while at MCI/Verizonbusiness and I think that this certification will help open more doors.

I can honestly look back at all the projects that I have been involved with and it's hundreds and for the life of me, less than 1% were done with MS Project. Most were just done with a simple Excel spread sheet for tracking action items. I hope that this class will help me with future projects/employment opportunities.

I am in the Seattle City Real Estate Gals Men's 45's this weekend. I think I am the #3 seed. I am hoping to win this tournament. I am also in the USTA 4.5 Play offs this same weekend as well. It should be a busy weekend of tennis!

Thanks,

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment