Monday, September 29, 2008

I got the job! Persistence is the "key"!

Well, I got the call today and the offer letter is to be overnighted to me and arrive tomorrow. I am planned to start sometime around the 7th/8th of October for Global Crossing. I am so excited and just in the nick of time! I am out of my severance funds and my unemployment benefits are due to run out as well. God works in mysterious ways! I am so thankful that I am going back to work and for a great bunch of folks.

There's a lot to be said about being persistence and taking those small steps (many) in trying to get where you want to go. In the same manner, I have been working via YouTube on my decentization process about my flying. I am really fealing confident about the strides I am making here. Thanks to Dr. Fear, I am on the right track to victory.

The kids are both in socceer and it's so much fun to be able to watch them play. It's one of my favorite times of the year as I just love to watch them...grow! I don't know what hit me, but I decided I could switch tennis rackets after 25 years and that didn't work out - what was I thinking? Anyway, I am glad to be back playing with my Prince OS Graphites and will be working on my fitness to help my game get better.

I received a call from a wife of an aortic dissectiion survivor today. It sounds like he had a very similar experience to my surgery. Apparently, he's struggling and it was nice to speak with her and tell her that there is "hope" and that we can get her and her husband some expert help. This is what makes me happy is when I can give something back to others and help them.

Well, I am getting up at 4:50am to head to the club for 5:30am doubles tomorrow and playing singles tomorrow night at 8pm. Full day of tennis!

Best!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment