Sunday, September 21, 2008

9/21/2008-Sunday

It's been a few weeks since my last post. I have been busy with kids school, soccer and playing tennis. Also, I have been praying for a job to finally come to fruition. I have been told that I have the job at Global Crossing  and I am very excited abut the opportunity. However, it's taking them some time to get me the actual offer letter. I am going to meet with them this Wednesday and this Monday, I am supposed to hear from another possible opportunity with ATT Wireless. I had originally applied with them, but did not get the position. I was called out of the blue a week ago about another position and interviewed with them. They are going to make their decision on Monday evening.

In the meantime, I am working on my flying issue. I discovered (what I believe is my cure) a book called "Freedom From Fear: Overcoming Anxiety, Phobias and Panic
Howard Liebgold; Paperback; $11.21. I stumbled across the book trying to help my daughter with some issues about school. I have gotten to know Dr. Liebgold via email and he's a super nice person. He struggled with phobia's for 31 years! And, he's a medical doctor! He's specializing in helping others and I would HIGHLY recommend him! One of the most helpful things, is the desensitization process. The definition is:  To make emotionally insensitive or unresponsive, as by long exposure or repeated shocks. Or in other words to constantly expose yourself to the things that give you the fear/phobia/anxiety because the ONLY way to deal with fear is THROUGH IT! The desensitization process is done on a hierarchical format. Meaning, you give your phobia/anxiety levels on a scale. I can honestly tell you that I have tried everything and this is the FIRST person who I believe really understands what is going on. He should, he's been through it!

I hope to know this week about my job situation and hopefully will get the offer letter this month from Global Crossing so I can join them and get my life back on track with a great company.

Cheers!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment