Monday, November 10, 2008

Miracle Lady survives an AorticDissection

I got this alert from my Google notifications about a women who experienced and AD while giving birth to her child. It's a terrible outcome for the baby, but the mother survived and was able to keep going forward with her life.  The story is here and it's a great outcome for her. What's interesting is that they show a Type B dissection in the story, when it appears to actually be a type A, requiring emergency surgery. I actually agree with the doctor that there's few cases under the ages of 30, but... they are out there and I have documented them on my website as well. Those can be found here along with many other AD stories.

I feel so fortunate to be alive today thanks to Dr. James Brevig and the staff at Providence Everett General Hospital in Everett, WA. And, I am so thankful to the ER room for being able to catch it!

God Bless,

Brian Tinsley

No comments:

Post a Comment