Monday, November 3, 2008

Back to work... Getting back into the swing of things!

Well, it's back to work for me.. finally, after being laid off on 5/2/2008, I landed my first day on the job with Global Crossing on 10/20/2008. I really like the company so far and the people are great! It's nice to be in a much smaller company than BIG BROTHER VERIZONBUSINESS. I am so happy to have a job at such a great place. The being out of the work realm was a bit tough to get back used to. I am still struggling a bit to try and stay focused. I am getting better and better each week. I also got my first paycheck and just in the nick of time!

I had my review of my Echo-Cardiogram that was done back in May/08 of this year. My doctor said that everything looked fine, still small leaking in the valves due to my "genetic" make up of a deformed bicuspid valve since birth. The nurse checked my BP and and it was 140/71. The my doctor checked it about 10 minutes later and it was 176/78. I told him that I was going to get my weight down from 212 to under 200lbs and that I would do it by Jan 1st, 2009. He said that I needed more BP meds and now I am going to be taking a pill at night. It sucks having high BP...it really does! I am on so many medications as it is, granted I take them about every 3 days on average, I need to get on the daily program - which I am going to do! I am also going to get my Excel weight charts and BP charts, put them on the bathroom walls and get focused about getting this BP thing down. We also discussed that I could go to 1 Echo per year and I told him about my CT/Angio's and how Dr. Liang thought going to MRI's would be less radiation for me. He seemed to agree. I also had a blood test for him to review and my hope is that my cholesterol is OK and I don't have to go on meds for that!

Take care!
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment