Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day!

It's about 3:15pm in the afternoon on MLK day. I am very thankful for all the great things that MLK was able to accomplish to make our nation a better place to live in. It's sure nice to also have the day off! The way the economy is going, many folks are going to find 2009 to be one of their toughest years ever. I know that I am so blessed to have a job again after my layoff. It's so evident that you need to have a "plan B" which includes a savings plan to be able to cover your expenses for at least 6 months. I was also lucky enough to have been granted a severance package which lasted me 6 months. It's tough now as I am not making the amount of money that I had made the last 10 years.... I am going to have to really watch everything as I am trying to basically live on 50% less than our family is used to living on.

I am hoping that I do get some type of financial help with my tax refund. I need to pay off my old 401 K loan of $5K and that will save me $300.00 a month on payments. Plus, we are going to need a newer car soon! We have two vehicles with both over 150,000!

Have a great day!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment